Film Making - Starting Simple

I decided straight away i was going to explore film making, to be specific - Stop motion. After seeing Jan Svankmajers film in class I new that surreal eerie feel is what I wanted to do! But first i needed to get a handle of Stop Motion...

I started Simple. made a animation of my remote moving around on the carpet...




And my face with blinking eyes


And a mess of coat hangers...




Of course I had some background in this as I did make GIFs all those years ago with my Scanography images  years ago. I miss that excitement and rush it gave me creating those images and the pride i felt after creating them, but to be honest I have been scared going back into them the past year incase I cant do it any more, or im not a good enough artist to create these images... this year has been filled with self doubt.

My little break through came just about 2 weeks before the deadline for Project was, i was speaking to a class mate and telling her that I once did get student of the year, and after her slightly offence question of "you did?? how??" I began telling her about my Scanography and how I began to feel like I had found my "thing" through that but lately feeling as though i had lost it.

She the said to me "well just bloody do it now!"

the doubt came straight away -
"I only have 2 weeks"
"I wish i had dont it for photograhy"
"I might not be able to produce anything good with it"
"I can't"

But i found myself thinking all night and decided I would quickly make some scans with the college scanner and see what I could do as a little tester...

The college scanner  cropped my images terribly but it didnt deterr me...








And created this






Ok so not amazing but I got excited. this is something I could really work with!! so after that I decided to created something a bit more daring... read the next post for more....


Comments

Popular Posts