Monoprinting experimentation log

As promised here are a few pages from my little print making sketchbook. P.s. I love what I have done tonight!!
And here's what I discovered tonight, going with the theme of unexpected effects of Mark making. So I marked the surface of the ink with bubbles... that's right bubbles! And these were the results -
I loved this! I loves that it depended on how much ink was left on the plate and how many bubles landed on it and lifted the ink. Uncontrollable (even if you blow it really close it goes wherever the hell it wants) the only effect I could have was how much ink was on the plate to start with and a very thin scraping made a mucj sharper, cleaner print. (See second image compared to third) I also love the organic feel to the image produced, it reminds me of cells. And then what really blew my socks off was when beginning the clean up process I noticed a face starting back at me! So I quickly got some paper to print that too! Unexpected effects!!

Comments

Popular Posts