Exploratory Media Handling

So one of my briefs is "Exploratory Media Handling" with a theme of The Environment. I have chosen to explore, like many of my other units, my life living with MS as a basis for this. This means a lot of my units will intertwine with one another. I have chosen a very separate side of my MS life for this. and environment I have been pushed into without a choice. This being the medical world. The past eight years spent in this environment has forced me to learn to speak their "language". resulting in a vast vocabulary I have had to learn. This language of complex words I can now use fluently. so I would like to base my exploration for this unit around this Environment I have discovered. I have composed a list of medical terminology I have once found confusing or scary sounding but now can understand. This list will grow over the next few months with each appointment/meeting I have resulting from my MS being, yet again, active. Of course with this, the overwhelmed feeling comes, with each new word presented to me I frantically have to investigate the meaning of. a tiny grasp of control. I want a sense of panic in the work I create from this and I feel moving images may be the answer. a continuation of where I left off exploring Gifs perhaps? or collage? Bass relief? or all 3? Who knows. Just now I am working with collage, or i will be in a few moments, I am gathering my medical related letters and booklets to scan and cut up. Again i want it to look a bit unorganized and frantic. we shall see what comes from it.

Comments

Popular Posts