Scratching Photographs

Today I really wanted to have a go at scratching the photograph! They didnt turn out quite as well as I would have wanted but i guess its like everything else, you need repitition to improve! anyway here they are! some were on glossy photo paper and other were just on plain printer paper!
The clearing in the woods and the man (my father)were the first two I tried, because they were just extra photographs I had lying around and they had been printed on photographic paper, this gave areally nice crisp line when scratched! I then went and printed the ones of my face using the scanner and printed them on normal printing paper... I actually really liked this! the line was fluffy amd you could have a very faint scratch or a really really deep scratch depending on the amount of paper fiber you scratched out! there not great but it was interestingjust to try out and i think iv got my confidene to just start scratching away! unfortunately the one with red hair didnt come out very well, there is scratching on the hand and in the hair too that my phone camera has not picked up! I tried to use my reasons for creating each image as a basis for where i was scratchin (apart from my poor old dad of course because i just seemed to go over his wrinkles and make him look much older than he does!) for example the one that is 3 faces in the one image is about my relapse that effected on of my eyes and my speach. so i added bars over one eye and a dribble out the mouth which I quite like! just need to perfect the technique a bit further! keep coming back, i will post again soon!

Comments

Popular Posts