Illustration - direction

So after 3 weeks of pondering over this unit I feel I'm finally getting somewhere!

My initial Idea was to continue with my moving image idea (see project posts) but I don't think I have time for that as we have only 1 week left to the day! 😱

But I am just carrying on regardless. If they have to be still images then so be it!

I started by looking at Painted seascapes by various artist (Monet, Manet, Turner)





then looking at works of waves (Hambling, Nolde, Hokusai)






And I began by trying some myself, 








I then decided trying to encorporate some not as traditional mediums to the peices. My first idea was to encorporate photography in. 


 This I felt worked well. I took a photograph of Greg playing that part of fisherman Donald Mcleod. And cut and pasted him over the painted landscape. This is really like the look of.
I tried adding it to my first wave painting and it definitly doesn't work as well...

No no no! He looks like he is in the middle of the sea and just staring at a big wave... Doesn't work! 

I also played around with editing the image of Greg to give him a complimentary soft look with that landscape without making its starkly obvious I have cut out a photograph. I am loving this idea and have started another which involves me newly painted waves.... Stay tuned as Thai Post is long enough already :) 

Comments

  1. Excellent post.

    One thing I have noticed about certain sites is that, even though they have tons of content, the site looks great and the headlines are eye catching is that the material is simply filler. It’s downright unreadable. You can forget it 6 seconds after you read it. Not the case with your post though, really enjoyed it reading it and it held my attention all the way through! Keep it up.

    Read my Latest Post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts