Kelpies

With all the fuss on the Scottish news over the Kelpies I was intrigued to see them... My first reaction was a gasp. The two huge horse head are impressive in scale but not so much in creativity or personality. My journey through Art so far has given me the understanding that Art, I personally feel, carries a piece of the artist within it, sharing a message, a feeling, an understanding. Though the Kelpies are impressive, aesthetically pleasing and generally "nice", but the story of the Kelpies are a mysterious ghostly one and I feel its a shame this wasn't brought into them, or any sort of story or opinion would have been nice, wish they said something! Especially sine millions were spent on creating them, I expected a bit more than "wow they are big" So i wouldn't really call it Art, or what I would call Art... but it was a nice thing to go see, a nice tour and nice day. it. was. nice. anyway here's some photos
I dont usually like to give my opinion on art, but i'm trying to speak my opinion more, and make my mind on things without sitting on the fence. Plus its less scary because no-one will read this so its fine ;)

Comments

Popular Posts