paper and print making carrots

I was so please with my leeky paper and leeky prints that i couldn't wait to try it with other vegetables! I had this idea in my head for carrots - to cut, boil, press and dry the carrots to create paper! Like al of my ideas they work perfectly in my head, and I did do a lot of research about this before I did it, confidence is key! Unfortunately I ran into quite a few hiccups with my carrot paper...
First was how long it took to press the vegetables to paper thinness. Second was that the vegetables would shrink! Third was that if not completely dried they would start to rot and curl where too dry. This took a long time for a not very impressive result! but i did find out alot! so then i decided to try some linocuts, following my carrot theme, so when i make some carrot paper i can then see how it is to print on!
Lino printing isn't my strong point but here's some I printed in my sketchbook and I like them! Then I did a few prints on handmade paper dyed orange
But now I'm thinking I should create a dye from carrot juice! we will see how that goes! still lots of ideas flowing in this unit!

Comments

Popular Posts