less light

Continuing experimenting with the use of light and movement on scanner. Less light, more movement causes a much darker pattern. used an old head image (fatigue) to play about with it and one of my chest images.
I'm getting quite good at controlling the image, by having control of the the light and what movement is made! Hurray! I've kind of stumbled across this effect before but now I have learned to use it on purpose, which gives me more control of the image. Then I started playing about with a plastic bottle because I found that the bottle catches the light well, its pretty boring when you place it on the scanner without doing anything else as you can see -
When you start moving the plastic bottle around on the surface of the scanner (as the light runs across taking the image) you get something like this -
I liked that its very similar my water on the scanner images! This gave me a few ideas but It may take some thinking.... lucky tomorrow is FMP day!

Comments

Popular Posts