Final image photography

The idea came from the looking at my MRI images and thinking “this is me” and the thought that this was the hub of all my thoughts and feeling really shook me. It made me think my body and face are only the shell that holds what I really am< what I look like. So I thought about how I could represent this in my own imaging. I thought about replacing my face with a brain, but this seemed a bit on the nose (or on the face).




I began by Isolating my images and removing any background in Photoshop.
I cropped my head off some images to have a smoother transition to the adjoining Image. See below for just one of the 48 images i had:


This them gave me a lot of images to work with and to place and resize to fit on a layer on top of my brain image. I removed my head to have a smoother interlocking of the bodies. Unless the head it tucked in or not too distracting.



this was my pathetic attempt to hurry it along. My brain somehow convinced me that adjusting the saturation of the image would make it finshed.... this did not work so on i worked through the night.

finally i had my bodies filling the shape of my own MRI photo. to be honest i did mirror each side because it looked better that way and adding a little shadow to the edges really heped make the brain appear to protrude

I THEN could play with adjustments to the photo -

while i was sure i wanted it to be a well saturated image before this point when I actually did it it definitely took something from the image. so I decided quite confidently that this is the final piece and i was very happy with it.



Comments

Popular Posts