Photography

This weekend I have been thinking about photography quite hard. 
And trying to see past what things actually are, looking at there lines, textures and general feel of whatever it is, I find it fascinating that a flat photograph can portray something like texture, it's as strange as to see it portray sound. Because it is a whole different sence that we associate with texture, touch rather than sight!
I am quite interested in finding out how to really, really show how something would feel. I have a close connection to the way something feels, that only truly came about due to my eyesight loss. even though my sight has retured, (with a few lingering problems) It is something that has stuck, I suddenly see a painting and want to touch the surface of how it feels, or even my clothes have to feel interesting before i wear them. 
Anyway this idea came to me while I was thinking about texture in photography, you could tell a whole story just by how something feels, or appears to feel! 
You dot actually have to have an object or a person or a something for it to be a photograph... Because art lets me do whatever I want! This may seem a little obvious to you but to me it was a light suddenly switching on in my head! 
And now you've heard all that your probably expecting some beautiful images of amazing textures... Don't worry these are just me exploring alittle bit, but I reakon with this new way of thinkin I will produce some great photographs for its unit!
Sand, nice an simple but when you actually look at it it's amazing, all those tiny specks!
Leather, I love it, particularly old leather, you just want to touch it!
This shell has been sitting in my college pencils since first year, I just love it, all grainy and smooth in the middle 
Plastic pipe on the carpet
Hair, my hair to b exact. I left the colour in the hair coz it's so bright but I like the contrast between that an the skin.
This is a look at some fabric, I also loved the pattern! 
I like this one, it's a bit of my paper jewellery stuff that went a bit wrong, too much air between the paper, but it creates a nice texture in a photograph!
Radio speaker. 

I have loads more, I went a bit texture crazy! 

Comments

  1. Love the first one! Looks like glitter! Also, the contrast in the third one. Go you! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts