Self portrait - progression




Homework for Friday was a self portrait, monochromatic was the only requirement. So I started with a simple graphite reductive drawing. This is my journey so far. (My latest drawing is above )




At this point I had a tantrum and left the drawing for an hour and when I returned just just sat and looked at my face for a really really long time 


At this point I realised the eyes really needed to be moved down the face as Nonie has that long a face! 



Still too high....


Face needed to be fatter because who am I kidding???

Nose needs shortened 

Lips need to be moved down


Another cup of tea because I was going to destroy this stupid thing!

So I am finally getting a likeness and I think I will leave it until tomorrow morning to refresh my eyes. Then I can look at it properly. (And myself)! The only thing than is pissing me off is he fact the light is changing so much but it can't be helped so I just have to crack on. 

The drawing of the matchbox we did last week really helped me really look at my face and see he relation my features have to each other resulting in a less Quasimodo appreance.  My finished drawing will be updated tomorrow.



Comments

Popular Posts