Summerhall

My first ever visit to Summerhall today! what a great place to go visit right now, I recommend to all fellow Art students just now! We had the opertunety as a class to sketch and discuss the work of Antonio O’Connell, who originaly studied architecture. His piece called "Virus" is place just outside the front entrance and is made completely of material sourced from the building. This was great because it kinda is running with my Disease and Illnesses theme I seem to have developed in my daily newspaper article project... (that will be clear when I update you this in my next post) so here's my drawing from just before the rain started!
its a bit pants, but it actually was two drawings, and I cut out the stone railing part and added it to the coloured pastel drawing because We were asked if we thought the "Virus" was trying to get into the building or out? and After a bit of thought and a wander round the rest of the exhibitions I thought its trying to get out. Its representational of the Art World, the work the community the ideas and the mindset, trying to spread to the rest of Edinburgh... like a virus escaping the body, contagious! It got me anyway! and I'm gonna sneeze all over you until you get it! ... that was my thoughts on the piece anyway. I am so glad I got the opertunity to visit,Wont be my last time!

Comments

Popular Posts