Kurt Weston

So failing my car test brought on a bought of eyesight loss! that has been one of my biggest symptoms to date and i was really down about it. It reminded me of an awful part of my life so far... on the plus side though it made me think about my photography unit and i came across this artist - Kurt Weston. He has AIDS and has put his emotional anguish into photograhy. Due to this horrid virus he has lost his sight and i wasoverwhelmed by his story and his work. here is a couple of my favorites from his work.
you can see the rest of his work here: http://www.kurtweston.com/index2.html so i thought i would have a go at some of his photos (but using myself obv) and i really really like the reasults! i cant believe im only just looking into using my illness as a subject- there is so i could put down! here are some of mine
I like this technique, but i think i could sharpen my technique up a bit an i would like to creat more of the feeling of looking through my own eyes while i have one of these "episodes" of sight loss. though i like the strands of light you get with this technique as when i cant see properly its like the light gets very sharp... if that makes sense! so i think Il keep working on that.

Comments

  1. Looks like you have made an important decision - use what you really know - you will be able to say so much BECAUSE you have real knowledge/ understanding - GO FOR IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about failing your test kirsty :/. Though they are some amazing photographs you done! might have a wee sneeky peek at Kurt weston :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you annie :) yeah you should he was also a fashion photographer before he lost his sight. And it's like two different artists. His earlier photography is still quite raw emotionally but nothing like his blind stuff. Its pretty fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photo's are really effective and quite spooky (your ones) i look forward to seeing the next installment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts