Little House.

In my last post I spoke about mistakes and happy accidents and the fear of creating. Well, this little image came from my frustration of drawing a portrait and I just needed a break form it so I grabbed my watercolours and a scrap of watercolour paper and painted this. It's small roughly about a5. 

100% raw imagination and creativity made this. It was just what I would call "a doodle". A mindless painting or drawing to escape the thing I am doing that is difficult/boring/draining. It's a little form of escapism that I used in high-school A LOT. but this time I feel something is growing from it.


Looking at it later in the evening I realised it reminded me of a Ron Lawson print my Aunt has in her livingroom. I like this print because of the flat gray sky in his painting (though seeing one you've seen them all comes to mind)

So I thought maybe my mind dug that out for inspiration for this or maybe coincidence, I'm not sure. 


Now let's jump back a week or 2 ago to my acrylic pours. I started doing these for a bit of fun in my limited free time as a new mum.


Now I loved doing these, fun and messy, I have always loved the act of uncertainty in my artwork as like life, you just aren't quite sure what you will get. Unfortunately I was getting a bit disheartened with the lack of more that I I could do with them.

Then made my little Lawson house. How about not having the sky a flat black colour, how about a liquid pour sky!

The real reason this excites me is, for my portrait I'm working on. If this works out then when not encoeporate that into that for the colour and excitement I am looking for, the uncertainty of my Son, the suprise result. 

Now this looks like it is the start of a sketchbook. I didn't want to start a sketch book due to laziness and lack of time, but how will I experiment and try things without one??

*Sigh* I guess my tutors knew what they were talking about  for all those years 🙊


Looks like I will need a new sketch book. 

Watch this space. 

Comments

Popular Posts