Water Exploration - Zaria Forman

Zaria Forman

Her hyperrealistic pastel work is often documenting climate change.  She has flown all over Antarctica, Greenland, and Arctic Canada to inspire her work.  As you can see from the detail below this artwork, her work is large scale and she often works with her fingers.


I love this idea! It's something I briefly explore when my hands are unable to pick up or hold a brush for any length of time. This direct contact with the medium is very appealing to me, messy but in a good way- Gets rid of that barrier between you and the surface you are working on also and I like that. Your hand explore it themselves instead of via a brush for example.

So today I will have a slightly less hyper realistic go myself! With maybe paint and pastel, all using my hands... I will update this tonight.


Comments

Popular Posts