Scans

Seeing your brain for the first time was epic for me all those years ago, this was the first real portrait of myself I had even seen. And now every time i received an MRI, I am transfixed by the true me, what I saw was the control hub of all my thoughts and feeling, my conscious and subconscious. It made me look at myself completely differently and my last MRI I was given the gift of receiving these images. Some recent, some from 8 years ago. This is me.
This has provided me, during this horredeous relapse, a very exciting opportunity from some fantastic image making. It's been a slow start on paper but a huge start mentally. These images have opened so many doors for me creatively I am very excited to explore them this year.
As you can see I started mark making (originally using charcoal) with noticeable lines 'scarring' the brain ans scull shape but as I continues to create these images the because much less brain like (natural soft lines) and almost sculptural and hard edged. I liked this as my brain is tough, it has been through a lot of damage over the year, like a weathered stone.

Comments

Popular Posts