Nasta.....what?

So I have had a brain stem relapse... internuclear ophthalmoplegia! I bet your saying "just what I was thinking" (When the puzzled look on my face was noticed the brain stem part was explianed) The draw to creating these images stemmed from (haha) the fact it had an outer visual effect on my eyes called nystagmus. My pupils move or vibrate without my control. I wasn't aware of this until the comments came from people around me. I felt the sever dizziness/ absolutely pished feeling without a drop of alcohol and the really interesting double vision but had no idea it was showing on the outside too. So 2 thing brought me to these images; 1. Double vision is a very interesting thing  you are seeing an image from two slightly different view points (each eye). My brain had temporarily (touch wood) lost the ability to line these images up. And suddenly a whole new world appears. Lines cross in my sight that make beautiful thingthings appear ugly and boring things appear amazing! I spend my days just looking through these new eyes! 2. When I discovered that my eyes were no longer under my command when I looked to the right, well, I wanted to see for myself, so I started videoing my eyes, to see what everyone else saw. Nystagmus I have it in both eyes. Well anyway it was the strangest thing, like my eyes were vibrating  and suddenly I wanted to make my own images of the correlation between what others saw of me and how it felt on the inside! Of course because I'm now on a scary high dose of steriods I am not sleeping and this revelation came to me out of the blue at 2am. Any way this added another factor into these images because one I just wanted to see if I could recreate it and do a little experimentation and I couldn't actually see these images I have made doubled also so it was a never ending line. And also I had that horrible foggy/brain dead/buzzing on the steriods feeling i have come to know and love, everything was very rushed and primal like I just had to do this NOW. So this is what came out of it. Using alot of the techniques I used I'm my MRI images but I feel these are more raw unfinished which I quite like as these are created mid relapse so I am raw and unfinished too.

Comments

Popular Posts